2016 was such an incredible experience for our little company, Van De Steene Photography. We met, hugged, and cried with some of the nicest people we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. They let us into their inner circle on one of the most important days of their lives without hesitation. We get to hear toasts to the happy couple that bring us to tears. We watch first dances from the sidelines as parents give their children away to a new life. None of this escapes us in the rush of the wedding day. We are reminded of this heavy responsibility at every unique event. More than ever, this year we took that responsibility and rode it to new heights.
- We drove over 11,000 miles.
- We flew over 3,600 miles.
- We crossed the 45th parallel 14 times.
- We photographed on the beaches of Lake Michigan 5 times.
- We photographed on the beaches of Torch Lake twice.
- We photographed on the beaches of 1 big beautiful tropical ocean.
- We literally destroyed 3 pairs of shoes.
While we recount and reminisce on what a ride 2016 was, we are bracing for the memories we will capture in 2017 and the new friends we will make along the way. Thank you to our clients, for sharing such important moments with us and letting us do what we love. So watch this slideshow recap of some of our favorite moments from this year and shout about us from the rooftops to all of your newly engaged friends this holiday season and always. We’d love to see our business continue to grow and see you at future weddings to dance by your side once more.